- Roles: independent consultants, corporate practitioners, and vendors
- Audience size: 50-125 attendees
- Mix of large and small global companies
- Report to IT, HR, and business areas of their organizations
- Many of our members help support the needs of technology professionals (application developers, network specialists, database administrators). However, not all of our members have strong technology backgrounds. Technology-focused content should be presented in a manner that is easy to follow and understand by those at intermediate skill level, and yet still engaging for those at an advanced level.
- Audience prefers active participation such as case studies, meaningful exercises or discussions
- Meeting attendees will ask questions or engage the speaker during the presentation. Communicate your preference for how you want to take questions during your presentation.
- Examples, tools and information works best when applicable to varying sizes and types of organizations
- A list of resources to complement the presentation information is recommended. Format is the choice of the presenter.
- PACT requests permission to post an electronic copy of presentation and/or handouts on the members’ only section of the PACT website.
“Sales Pitch” Suggestions
PACT continually strives for a strong level of cooperation and fairness between practitioner and vendor members. As such…
- Make only minimal references to company specific products or activities – this should be information-sharing not selling
- If you choose, bring your own promotional pieces. However, company-specific information or literature can be available on a specific information sharing table, but not passed out as part of the presentation.
Payment for Services
PACT desires to bring high quality presentations to our small membership. We promote our speakers before, during and after their presentation. This often results in new business opportunities as well as future speaking venues. Specific payments for services will be discussed. Some options include:
- Travel and expenses
- Nominal stipend (if needed)
- Charitable donation (determined by speaker)