We are living in a world full of data and information. As HR professionals, we have access to a lot of information about our employees, yet we struggle with this one question: “How do our employees really feel or think”. A well conducted focus group can help you generate honest and powerful insights about your employees, culture and much more. So, what does it take to plan, design, and conduct a meaningful focus group? And why should you care about conducting focus groups?
The session is divided into 3 parts:
1. Understanding focus groups: What is focus group and what is it’s unique value.
2. Planning and designing a focus group: When and how to design and conduct a focus group.
3. Facilitating a focus group: Facilitation essential required to conduct focus groups including common facilitation mistakes to avoid.
4. Practice and feedback: Participants get a chance to design a mock focus group and get feedback from the group
By attending this session you will learn how to:
1. Plan and design focus groups for specific insights
2. Set the stage for an open dialogue specifically for controversial topics and polarizing opinions.
3. Create meaningful summary and feedback themes from the focus group.
4. Practice creating a focus group design and get feedback from the facilitator and the group.
Bhakti Karkare is a new age Learning & OD professional who is on a mission to build more inclusive workplaces where people feel safe, respected, and valued. Bhakti is a facilitator at heart and specializes in helping leaders and HR professionals master the art of inclusive dialogue. She has more than 12 years of corporate experience with organizations like Amdocs and Fujitsu.
She specializes in working with leaders and HR professional helping them build an inclusive culture. She
helps her clients by providing strategic consulting and training in Inclusive leadership, Psychological Safety and Advanced Facilitation skills.
Having worked with HR teams across the globe, she brings unique cultural insights to her consulting work and builds highly relevant global programs tuned to local needs.
Bhakti holds an MBA in Human Resource Management and a Master in Labor Laws from University of Pune (India). She is also an SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
Bhakti lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and their 4-year-old son. In her free time, Bhakti enjoys hiking, running, and learning Indian classical music.
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/bhaktikarkare/
- Website: http://www.thirdlooplearning.com