Based on the book Designing for Modern Learning (ATD Press, 2020), the author(s) describe the OK-Learning Cluster Design model, and an overview of how the model helps L&D modernize with less stress and more results. They provide a deeper dive on two of the 5 Actions that make up the model. Case studies and stories make this session a favorite among ATD Chapters L&D’s world continues to change, yet, based on recent surveys, L&D can’t seem to satisfy the C-Suite or our learners. The authors’ describe what has changed in our landscape, and howthat impacts L&D. The authors lay out a philosophy and a model that is helping L&D organizations remain relevant, and even critical, to the success of our businesses and its employees in this digital age.
Learning Objectives: Attendees will gain the following by participating in the webinar:
- Speak the new language of modern L&D
- Gain insights on a new philosophy to more easily meet business needs
- Visualize a strategy to more easily help learners learn when, where and how they need to learn
- Pick your starting point in the Learning Cluster Design (LCD) model comprised of five Actions for L&D
- Integrate the LCD model with tried-and-true ID models into the digital age instructional design
- Get energized with quick wins and easy to apply visuals
Crystal Kadakia is a 2-time TEDx speaker, Power 30 Under 30 recipient, best-selling author of The Millennial Myth and Designing for Modern Learning: Beyond ADDIE and SAM, and OD consultant. She is the founder of the LCD group and co-creator of the Owens-Kadakia Learning Cluster Design Model. Clients like General Mills, Baxter Healthcare, Coast Capital, and WellsFargo, bring her complex learning and OD challenges to solve. Crystal has a bachelor’s in Chemical Engineering and a master’s in Organization Development.