- Catchafire: Hundreds of volunteer projects for every skill, time commitment, and cause area. Can be done virtually.
- LinkedIn Learning: Discover relevant e-learning content personalized to the needs of each learner, including content from our own world-class library of over 16,000 expertly-produced online and consistently updated courses across 7 languages.
- eLearning Industry: eLearning Industry (http://elearningindustry.com/) provides the best collection of eLearning articles, eLearning concepts, eLearning software, and eLearning resources on a daily basis. We are the largest online community of elearning professionals in the industry and we are currently the first choice of 936,000+ eLearning Experts.
- Twin Cities Articulate User Group:
- Anna Sabramowicz: YouTuber teaching about scenario design ,storytelling, customer success, portfolio and work advice, and more.
- Training Magazine: Magazine that advocates training and workforce development as a business tool. The magazine delves into management issues such as leadership and succession planning, HR issues such as recruitment and retention, and training issues such as learning theory, on-the-job skills assessments and aligning core workforce competencies to enhance the bottom line impact of training and development programs.
- Teaching: A Path to L&D: Supports K12 and higher education teachers for free as they navigate transitioning out of teaching and into the field of Learning and Development, with a focus currently on Instructional Design. TPLD provides a free 8-week webinar series in the spring and fall, a self-guided path, a website that serves as a one-stop shop for all kinds of resource links, a supportive community group on LinkedIn and Slack, and live office hours with professional instructional designers to help answer questions and provide resume/portfolio guidance.
- Instructional Designers: This is a group for anyone involved in the art of instructional design.
- UX Pros: A community for User Experience (UX) professionals. This group is dedicated to discussing UX trends and best practices. Topics in this group include Research, Information Architecture, Prototyping, User Testing, Analytics, Graphic and Interface Design, and much more.
- ATD (Association for Talent Development): Practical tools and templates, best practices from leading training experts and top companies, new learning technologies, expending your network.
- The Learning Guild: A CoP (Community of Practice) supporting the design, development, strategy, and management of organizational learning. The Guild produces a countless number of resources all devoted to the idea that the people who know the most about making learning successful are the people who produce learning every day in corporate, government, and academic settings. Our goal is to create a place where learning professionals can share their knowledge, expertise, and ideas to build a better industry—and better learning experiences—for everyone.
- Twin Cities Articulate User Group: Focused on practitioner-level topics, including: Articulate tools, peer networking, best practices, tips and tricks. Network with peers Learn best practices, tips, and tricks.
- DevLearn: Yearly conference focused on leveraging technology to enhance learning and push the industry forward. Conferences include demos, BYOD sessions, and informal discussions.
- Learning Solutions: An event where learning professionals gather to discover, explore, and share what works in the learning and development industry. The program offers learning experiences that cater to all roles. Each activity provides real solutions for implementing new strategies, increasing learner engagement, leveraging the power of emerging technologies, and more.
- Design for How People Learn (Julie Dirksen)
- Make It Stick: The Science of Successful Learning (Peter Brown et al.)
- E-Learning and the Science of Instruction (Ruth Clark and Richard Mayer)
- Book Collection Compiled by Julie Dirksen
What resources would you add to the lists sabove? Email Kris at email@example.com. We will share it in our next newsletter!